If I treat 39 visible days as normal turnover when it actually combines quick sales with stale stock, the comparison could point in the wrong direction. The Tokyo sample runs from ¥22,640,000 to ¥33,970,000 and consists mainly of detached homes.
I initially focused on tenure or lease details as the likely explanation, but that may be giving price structure too much weight. Could small neighbourhood boundaries, condition, distance from transport, new-listing volume or seller motivation better explain the split? I’d be interested in what information would distinguish those effects before drawing conclusions from the advertised period.
I initially focused on tenure or lease details as the likely explanation, but that may be giving price structure too much weight. Could small neighbourhood boundaries, condition, distance from transport, new-listing volume or seller motivation better explain the split? I’d be interested in what information would distinguish those effects before drawing conclusions from the advertised period.