The practical problem is that I have very little evidence of achieved prices. The property is a three-bedroom apartment in Kuala Lumpur, about 185 m², with an asking price of MYR 2,115,000. It has good natural light and a convenient location, but it is only in average condition and may need money spent on finishes and insurance-related items.
There are three relevant listings and just one recorded sale. I am reluctant to apply a simple price-per-square-metre calculation if the units differ in layout or measurement basis. Should floor area and condition be handled as separate adjustments, or would estimated refurbishment costs be more defensible?
I also need to verify the remaining lease, service charges, parking and any usable outdoor space. Which of those would materially alter your estimate? My rental model assumes eleven paid months each year, although the repair allowance may be optimistic. I will have the figure checked locally once those details are available.
There are three relevant listings and just one recorded sale. I am reluctant to apply a simple price-per-square-metre calculation if the units differ in layout or measurement basis. Should floor area and condition be handled as separate adjustments, or would estimated refurbishment costs be more defensible?
I also need to verify the remaining lease, service charges, parking and any usable outdoor space. Which of those would materially alter your estimate? My rental model assumes eleven paid months each year, although the repair allowance may be optimistic. I will have the figure checked locally once those details are available.