Vancouver detached-home snapshot for November 2025: what is behind the 2.8% move?

cairn.common

First-time buyer
Established
I’m assembling a November 2025 snapshot for detached homes in Vancouver. The current discussion figures are 66 days on market, asking-price movement of +2.8%, and noticeable financing sensitivity around C$1,620,000.

These are indicative inputs, not an official index. Before revising the summary, I’d like to know whether the 2.8% reflects the same price band and property mix in both periods. Completed-sale evidence, inventory direction, neighbourhood splits, revision dates and source links would all help.
 
The 2.8% figure is not very informative without the sample definition. Is it a change in new-listing asks, the asks of all active listings, or reductions on properties that remained available? A shift toward more expensive neighbourhoods could raise the average even if comparable detached homes were flat.
 
Also, I would not treat 66 days as evidence of a uniformly slow detached market. It could be heavily influenced by stale listings or by the mix around and above C$1,620,000. A median plus separate bands would be more useful than one citywide figure, especially if financing sensitivity is part of the interpretation.
 
I’d keep the headline provisional and build a small comparison table: neighbourhood, price band, active or completed sale, days on market, original ask, final ask or sale price, and the date the figure was revised. Even a limited set of completed sales would test whether asking prices actually translated into transactions. Condos and attached properties should stay out of this version unless they are clearly separated.
 
Back
Top