The 6.8% headline yield looked attractive until I listed the costs that the percentage leaves out. The property is a 3-bed villa in Vienna offered at €170,200, with expected rent of €963 a month, but that gross figure is not enough to make the decision.
I am allowing for tenant turnover, management fees, routine upkeep and money for a substantial future repair. The building appears sound, though the property-tax amount, insurance cost and any owner-only charges still need confirming.
Which Vienna expense most often changes a calculation like this? If €963 is base rent and the verified costs leave an acceptable margin, I would keep investigating; if it includes recoverable tenant charges or insurance materially reduces the return, I would need a lower price or walk away. What net yield would make that risk worthwhile for you?
I am allowing for tenant turnover, management fees, routine upkeep and money for a substantial future repair. The building appears sound, though the property-tax amount, insurance cost and any owner-only charges still need confirming.
Which Vienna expense most often changes a calculation like this? If €963 is base rent and the verified costs leave an acceptable margin, I would keep investigating; if it includes recoverable tenant charges or insurance materially reduces the return, I would need a lower price or walk away. What net yield would make that risk worthwhile for you?