I would like the rent to leave a dependable margin, but the recurring owner costs may be too close to that margin. The Warsaw one-bedroom is priced at PLN 691,200 and the expected rent is PLN 4,393 a month, which works out to about 7.6% gross before expenses.
My figures allow for empty periods, tenant turnover, management and ordinary repairs. I have not yet confirmed the building charge, property tax, insurance or whether major common-area works are likely. Energy performance could also affect both the tenant's bills and how easily the apartment rents again.
Would you treat PLN 4,393 as realistic market rent without utilities and building charges, and which ownership expense should I verify first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?
My figures allow for empty periods, tenant turnover, management and ordinary repairs. I have not yet confirmed the building charge, property tax, insurance or whether major common-area works are likely. Energy performance could also affect both the tenant's bills and how easily the apartment rents again.
Would you treat PLN 4,393 as realistic market rent without utilities and building charges, and which ownership expense should I verify first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?