Warsaw 1-bed at PLN 691,200: does PLN 4,393 rent leave enough margin?

kian_roofs

Landlord
Established
I would like the rent to leave a dependable margin, but the recurring owner costs may be too close to that margin. The Warsaw one-bedroom is priced at PLN 691,200 and the expected rent is PLN 4,393 a month, which works out to about 7.6% gross before expenses.

My figures allow for empty periods, tenant turnover, management and ordinary repairs. I have not yet confirmed the building charge, property tax, insurance or whether major common-area works are likely. Energy performance could also affect both the tenant's bills and how easily the apartment rents again.

Would you treat PLN 4,393 as realistic market rent without utilities and building charges, and which ownership expense should I verify first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?
 
The first figure I’d pin down is the monthly building charge and exactly how much can realistically be passed to the tenant. Owners often focus on repairs inside the apartment while underestimating recurring common-area costs and future building works. Also include insurance and property tax separately rather than assuming the maintenance reserve covers them.
 
Is PLN 4,393 the rent payable to you alone, or does the advertised figure bundle utilities or building charges? That distinction could move the net result considerably. I’d also ask how the expected rent was established and model a lower figure between tenants, not just a vacancy period.
 
I wouldn’t reject it merely because the building’s energy performance is imperfect. At this price, the larger danger may be treating 7.6% as if it were spendable yield. Management, turnover, insurance, non-recoverable building costs and repairs all come from the same PLN 52,716 annual rent.

The financing structure matters too. A deal that works with cash can become fragile if borrowing costs rise or the rent takes longer to achieve.
 
Build a simple annual bridge from PLN 52,716 gross rent to cash actually retained: subtract realistic vacancy, management, owner-paid building charges, insurance, property tax, routine maintenance and the larger repair reserve. Then run the same calculation with lower rent and an extra tenant change.

Rather than choose a net-yield target first, compare that stressed return with a low-effort alternative and ask whether the difference compensates for illiquidity and hands-on risk. I’d want written clarification of the rent composition and recent building charges before deciding.
 
Back
Top