I’m comparing inspection services for a coastal home in New York priced around $1,385,000, and the same “building inspection” label seems to cover very different work. Some providers mention negotiation and document coordination; others appear to finish once the inspection or introduction is complete.
Before signing, I want the agreement to state the inspection scope, exclusions, total fee, response time, local coastal experience, report delivery deadline, and who answers follow-up questions between offer and closing. Should negotiation and coordination be treated as separate services? Also, what independent evidence should I request if defects or moisture concerns are found?
Before signing, I want the agreement to state the inspection scope, exclusions, total fee, response time, local coastal experience, report delivery deadline, and who answers follow-up questions between offer and closing. Should negotiation and coordination be treated as separate services? Also, what independent evidence should I request if defects or moisture concerns are found?