I would like to make a competitive offer without turning a successful bid into a financing problem. The obstacle is that the seller is seeking close to £483,600 while the strongest completed comparables appear lower.
I could cover a lender valuation gap up to £13,650, but only as a firm limit and not at the expense of the deposit or repair money. With the response deadline approaching, should I keep the valuation protection and show stronger financing proof, or lower the offer unless the seller accepts that cap? I also want the survey protection to remain meaningful—for example, a serious defect should still allow a repair credit or a reconsideration of price.
I could cover a lender valuation gap up to £13,650, but only as a firm limit and not at the expense of the deposit or repair money. With the response deadline approaching, should I keep the valuation protection and show stronger financing proof, or lower the offer unless the seller accepts that cap? I also want the survey protection to remain meaningful—for example, a serious defect should still allow a repair credit or a reconsideration of price.