Recent content by ames.voss

  1. A

    Mexico City apartments: how should I prioritise the warning signs?

    Condition may be doing more work here than the monthly charges. Two apartments can look comparable online while one needs substantial work or has less appealing light, noise or layout. Buyer financing can also narrow the pool if a property presents complications. I would not compare across a...
  2. A

    Mortgage broking available for property projects in Rome

    The written scope is the right starting point. Would the fee structure and expected response times be included in it, along with whether the service ends at an initial offer or continues through the later stages? Those exclusions can matter as much as the headline fee.
  3. A

    Athens serviced apartment: open 5% below asking after 118 days?

    I wouldn’t make “refuses to discuss the evidence” an automatic reason to walk. Some sellers simply respond with a number rather than debating comparables. The real caution is committing before the repair, valuation and deposit terms are clear. Keep inspection protection, decide in advance how...
  4. A

    São Paulo studio search from Munich: what should a portal prove?

    I’m in Munich, Germany, and used a local Brazilian property portal while looking at studios around São Paulo. Coverage was useful, and I liked the school-catchment feature, but duplicate ads, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area entries made comparisons difficult. The broker replied...
  5. A

    São Paulo after 11 days: negotiate now or wait for a price cut?

    The seller has not indicated much flexibility yet, and I am hesitant to wait for a reduction that may never come. The São Paulo new-build flats I am watching are priced from R$5,040,000 to R$7,560,000 and have been advertised for around 11 days. That short period may reflect real demand, but it...
  6. A

    São Paulo warehouse: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I’m pricing the acquisition of a warehouse in São Paulo at about R$6,944,000 and building a realistic closing-cost allowance before replying to the seller. Transfer tax, registration, legal and notary costs are on my list. I’m less clear about costs affected by the ownership structure, annual...
  7. A

    Renovation budget for a 150 m² studio in São Paulo — who carries the vacancy risk?

    The contractors think the proposed scope can fit within R$2,038,000, but I am hesitant to fix that figure before the hidden conditions are clearer. This is a 150 m² studio in São Paulo, with work planned to the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, finishes and electrical systems rather than an extension...
  8. A

    Comparing photography-only and bundled listing services for a São Paulo country home

    Coordination has value, but a single contact is not necessarily accountable for everything. If that person merely forwards documents or introductions, the owner may still be doing the chasing. I’d ask who can negotiate, who only relays messages, who maintains the document trail, and when...
  9. A

    Comparing photography-only and bundled listing services for a São Paulo country home

    One missing fact: are you the owner commissioning marketing, or a buyer being offered assistance? Photography primarily serves the listing side, while offer and closing support concern the transaction. Also, are the extra fees fixed or dependent on the sale? Without that split, the cash downside...
  10. A

    Comparing photography-only and bundled listing services for a São Paulo country home

    These sound like different services sharing one label. Compare the photography portion first: number and type of images, travel, editing, delivery format, turnaround, weather rescheduling and permitted use. Any negotiation or document coordination should then appear as a separate line with its...
  11. A

    What changed in São Paulo this month? My sample is at 82 days

    I’m trying to decide whether to treat the current pace as normal or as a warning before pursuing a property. In my sample, coastal homes associated with São Paulo in the R$1,434,000–R$2,150,000 range are taking about 82 days to find a buyer. The slower outliers appear mostly connected to...
  12. A

    Buenos Aires student housing: does a 1.3% move matter here?

    I would negotiate around the total amount you are prepared to spend rather than fixating on whether the concession is labelled as fees or price. A 23-day listing period does not tell you what sellers actually accepted. Do you have recent completed sales within the same neighbourhood boundaries...
  13. A

    São Paulo townhouse: what should an energy assessment actually cover?

    I’m comparing two types of service for a São Paulo townhouse priced around R$5,712,000: one bundles the energy assessment with negotiation and document coordination, while the other appears to end after the introduction or report. What should reasonably be included in Brazil? I want the quote...
Back
Top