Ten percent below isn’t automatically unreasonable after 53 days, but keep the explanation factual rather than listing everything wrong with the house. Point to the updating required, the limited completed-sale evidence and the certainty you can offer on financing and timing.
I’d ask why it...
I’d separate predictable costs from costs you cannot control. For student housing, test turnover, cleaning, common-area wear, utility responsibility and periods when rooms may be vacant. Also obtain an insurance indication based on the exact occupancy rather than a generic residential estimate...
If borrowing, request a separate lender-cost schedule. Ask about valuation, security registration and any conditions that generate third-party charges. That prevents financing expenses from being mistaken for notary or general registration costs.
The wording clearly caused confusion, so to clarify: Calgary is the location, and “coastal home” is the description I was given rather than a claim that Calgary is coastal. I still need the seller to define exactly what that description means for the property and ownership structure.
The...
The limitation is that I can see current listings more easily than matched completed sales. In Calgary’s November 2025 market, well-presented townhouses appear to be taking about 105 days, while homes requiring work seem to linger. The difference I am seeing between advertised and completed...
I’ve spent 80 days comparing a 650 sq ft serviced apartment with a similarly priced coastal home in Calgary, and the people I’ve asked offline are evenly split. The apartment appears easier to maintain, while the home offers more control but potentially larger irregular bills.
I’m already...
A practical way to test it is to keep a small deal sheet by building or tightly defined area: initial ask, each price revision, final ask, sold price, first-listing date and closing month. Then compare similar units and note withdrawn listings separately. Revisit the same set after more...
I’m less convinced that presentation itself is driving the split. Units needing work may simply have sellers anchored to stronger asking prices, while the better-presented flats are priced realistically from day one. Layout, floor, fees and immediate competition can also sit behind what looks...