I wouldn’t dismiss the 51-day figure entirely. Even an active-listing measure can show that buyers are resisting some of the current stock. But it cannot tell you whether financing constraints, property condition or an unmotivated seller caused the delay. Track the next completed deals...
I’m less convinced that condition is the main divider. Listing photos and descriptions can obscure it, while an ambitious asking price or an unmotivated seller is visible through delayed price cuts. Buyer financing could also slow an otherwise suitable deal. I’d compare each stale listing with...
Agreed on separating financing, though I’d go further: compare the stressed net cash flow with a no-debt case and then with the actual proposed loan terms. A respectable unlevered result can still become uncomfortable if repayments are sensitive to financing changes.
Until the basis for S$2,524...
When you say you asked who owned every next step, did you keep everyone on one shared email chain or contact each party separately? Shared chains can improve visibility, but they can also become noisy and make responsibility less clear. A simple named-action list sounds more useful if everyone...
My decision rule would be: choose retention if the rent you can agree with this tenant produces a better risk-adjusted outcome than testing the market. That may still justify a meaningful rise. Reliability is part of the calculation, not a reason to ignore market evidence.
Following Bianca’s three-case idea, I’d add a break-even rent. Start with all recurring ownership costs plus financing and solve for the monthly rent that leaves no cash surplus. The distance between that number and S$10,470 is more informative than debating whether 7.1% sounds high.
Annual rent is S$30,288, so the 4.0% calculation is right before costs. I would calculate net yield against the full acquisition cost, not just S$757,100. Property tax and insurance deserve property-specific figures rather than broad estimates.
Is S$2,524 based on an existing tenancy, a...
I disagree slightly with folding every purchase cost into “yield.” Keep two views: net operating income divided by property price, and cash return after acquisition and financing. Otherwise it becomes hard to compare this home with alternatives or identify whether the weakness is the asset or...
Self-managing this studio was straightforward until I moved farther away, so turnover now feels more costly as well as inconvenient.
The tenant currently pays about S$6,591, always pays reliably and takes good care of the home. Comparable asking rents appear close to S$7,133, but I appreciate...
You already know the tenant pays PHP 121,600 reliably; what remains uncertain is whether PHP 135,600 reflects achievable rent or merely optimistic advertising. I would not automatically favour a token rise if several close comparisons support the higher figure, because letting the gap widen can...
One gap in my comparison is the building itself. What should I ask for to understand the condition of shared-building reserves, insurance exposure and whether maintenance is likely to become more intensive? A low current fee would not help much if major common works were approaching.
Getting this wrong could leave me paying entry and exit costs on a home I hold for only five to seven years. I currently rent a Singapore apartment comparable to one offered at about S$1,032,000. After mortgage expense, tax, maintenance and building charges, the ownership option is clearly...
What does new-build mean for this search: never occupied, recently completed, or simply modern? The preference for something habitable with improvement potential sounds broader than a typical untouched new flat. Clarifying that, plus acceptable tenure and how far below 170 m² you might go...
Agreed with Mateo. I would also avoid calculating a combined average after splitting them; readers will naturally focus on the single headline again. Publish the two categories independently and state which one, if either, contains observations near S$1,119,000.
How is 35 days measured: first listing to removal, first listing to completed sale, or the age of active listings at the August cut-off? Relisted properties could also distort it. Without that detail, I would call it indicative exposure time rather than time to sell.